Mind Your Liver Health !
Did you know, Living a week without a Liver is Impossible.
Liver health: The second largest organ in your body, Liver, not just removes toxins from your body, it metabolises your food, regulates cholesterol, produces bile, clears the medications in your body and absorbs fat. Not just this, it also stores sugar in the form of glycogen and releases it when your body needs it.
Yes, ofcourse, Liver health would be the least possible thing on your mind to care about. But, once it malfunctions, there wouldn’t be much else to care about.
TIPS TO MAINTAIN YOUR LIVER HEALTH
Keeping a note of the below healthy behaviour tips can help you avoid liver malfunctions.
- Consumption of Alcohol : Did you know, while only 4 pegs of any hard alcoholic beverage for men can hurt their liver, it is only 2 pegs for women. Long term intake of such beverages can lead to cirrhosis of the liver.
- Obesity: Over body weight or obesity is again a major cause of all liver diseases. Obesity can lead to a fatty liver, resulting in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). NAFLD is not just any liver disease, it is the fastest growing form of liver disease in any age group (mostly above 25). Maintaining a healthy weight will surely help in reducing a fatty liver.
- Dietary Requirements: High calorie or foods rich in saturated fat or sugars can kill your livers’ existence. For a healthy liver, it is therefore advised to avoid bad calorie-rich meals, fatty food, carbs, sugars etc. Having a regular intake of fiber-rich foods like fresh fruits & veggies, whole grain breads & cereals etc, can provide your body with a well adjusted diet. It is always advised to limit red meat and full fat dairy products. Rather, intake of other low fatty meat or fish are suggested.
- Workout Regularly: Regular exercise can help burn triglycerides for fuel and helps in reducing fatty liver, ultimately maintaining a fit life.
- Toxins: Direct contact with cleaning toxins or chemicals can scar your liver cells, leading to liver damage. While using aerosol products, insecticides, chemicals, etc, it istherefore advised to use face masks…
Liver, in general, is one of the most important organs in a human body that regulates the chemicals in a human body and in the process produces bile, which helps in cleaning the liver by carrying the waste out of it. It is suggested, people consuming a few cups of coffee a day, may likely be the least to attract any liver disease. However, how helpful coffee might be, a healthy diet, balanced lifestyle, controlled weight and lots of water intake are and always will be advised for a healthy liver. It is also advised to get vaccinated for Hepatitis A & B, Unfortunately Vaccines for Hepatitis C virus are yet to come.